Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Kiddos. Yes I have TWO kids!


This is part of my journal entry I thought I would share...
My sweet little William is two months old now! Where does the time go? He has already gone from six to almost 12 pounds and is getting so chubby and cute! The poor boy gets mauled to death all the time. Everyone including me thinks he is so adorable and perfect (Because he is). He’s such a good boy too. He does get pretty gassy in the evening and fusses, but most babies seem to as well. He likes his binky A LOT! I don’t know how we’d get along without it. He also loves to be held most of the time. He has just started smiling when you talk to him excitedly and hold him in your lap facing you. I’ve yet to catch it on camera, but will as soon as he can hold it for a while. It melts my heart to see it!
It’s been a bit of a challenge nursing him because he pulls off and clamps down and doesn’t latch on to well. It’s a small price to pay for giving him the best nutrition he can have.
My favorite thing he does is try to eat my face when he’s hungry. He kind of bobs his head back and forth and its like he’s giving me a bunch of little kisses. One time I let him latch on to my chin while Josh and I were getting ready for bed. I said, “Oh look how cute! He’s eating my chin”! When I took him off I had a huge hickey! We were busting up. It was so funny!
He sleeps 5-6 hours at night now which is nice, but somehow I still can’t seem to get a full nights rest very often.
His sister really loves him and tells me so! She likes to hold him and give him kisses and still likes to do the binki. She turns the toys, lights and music on in his swing if he’s just awake in it. She also likes to put the Whitneys in all his baby furniture. She’s been really helpful when I ask her to get me things for the baby and has been patient when she has to wait for me to feed or change him.
One morning I was laying in bed with William face down on my tummy (he will sleep for a long time this way) and Mckayla came in. She layed down with her head on my chest and put her arm around the baby. She gave us a big hug and said, “Momma, I love William”. What an angel!!!



 A little ditty about Mckayla...
The wonderful nursery and primary workers in our ward have told me two funny stories about Mckayla. The first one is when she was acting up in nursery and and the teacher was talking to her asking if she wanted to be here and she said, "No! I don't want to be here! I'd rather be at Wal-Mart!" Bwah hahahahaha! She loves to eat candy "doggy bones" and go on the big bird ride there. The other is when she went up to bear her testimony in primary and Sister Carr was helping her with what to say. She got to "in the name of Jesus Christ" and Mckayla puts her finger up and stops her saying, "No no no I'm not done, I love my family, mommy and daddy and my baby brother William, and I have a new bike at home!"

She has also been singing this funny little tune at random the last few days. "And a doo gunna doo gunna doo gunna doo gunna doo"!

No comments: