Monday, July 2, 2012

William Vaughan

Announcing William Vaughan Kissee. Born June 7th at 8:03 A.M. weighing 6 lbs 11 oz 18 inches long. He is strong and healthy! Aunt Cindy came to stay the night with Mckayla while Josh and I went to the hospital after my water broke. I was in labor for about seven hours and then he came out in 1 1/2 pushes! I was shocked how fast and easy it was! I don't have beautiful words to describe the love and joy I felt when he was born, but suffice it to say my heart grew immensely when I held him. It was like I always knew him and life would be incomplete without him. He was a little jaundiced for a few days but got over it quickly and never needed photo therapy. It was hard to have to take him back to the hospital every day and get his heel poked to check his bilirubin level. It was a lot of blood they took from his tiny body! Luckily Nana was here as the live in, multi-tasking, make your life a breeze, angel mom! I still haven't thought of the best way to thank her. William got a typical new born rash on most of his body the day after he was born and it comes and goes still. I think having Nana wash his clothes in dreft helped a lot. But mostly he is doing well nursing and sleeping. A little colic makes him fussy for a while each day. Mckayla is very sweet with him and loves to pet his head and give him the binkie. She really seemed to understand that the baby was in my tummy and now he is out! She was excited to see him and hold him in the hospital! She's always eager to show him to everyone that we see and says, "this is my baby brudder Willi-um." So cute! Speaking of cute, I'm probably biased but I think he is adorable. Overall things have been way easier the second time around. I've been able to relax and enjoy him because I'm not so uptight about everything like I was with Mckayla. I've done this before! Daddy is very proud of his fine new son! He loves him and is very sweet with him. Of course Gramma and Grandpa are smitten. They and other angel people have been wonderful to help with taking Mckayla so I can sleep and so she doesn't get bored out of her wits. Thank you to everyone who has helped us in welcoming William to our family. We are thrilled and couldn't be happier in our lives. We have a little piece of heaven in our home.




No comments: