Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Las Vegas

We went to Las Vegas last week to have a baby moon and celebrate my 28th birthday! While we were there Mckayla's Grandparents took her to Disneyland (separate post to come)! We are super spoiled and lovin' life!
THE hotel. No seriously, that was the name of the place we stayed. THE hotel at Mandalay Bay. It was super nice, but I think we will try another place next time.


We ate at an overpriced steak house called Charlie Palmers at the the Four Seasons. Overpriced but super good! I didn't know fish is occasionally cooked to order so mine came out medium rare. Freaked me out! It was pink and slimy in the middle. I had them cook it more and it was delightful. I would recommend miso salmon. Josh got a filet mignon that was pretty good and we got some scallopped potatoes that were heaven! They also brought out a variety of breads before we ordered that were good, but there was some corn bread in there that was the best I've ever tasted! I didn't think I cared for corn bread until I ate this. YUM! Pregnant lady's paradise.
Part of the strip during the day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! No need for coats!


We toured the Hoover dam. I don't think I've been there before except maybe when I was a kid. Josh has been before, but it was like my first time. We both really enjoyed it. I liked learning about how everything works. It was such an amazing feat.

This is Josh next to the inside of an old turbine just to give you an idea how huge everything was.


They recently built this huge walkway/bridge across the river. We didn't go up there but it was huge and awesome looking too!
More Strip.


The only picture I was allowed to grab before we saw Phantom of the opera. We sat right in front of the chandelier. I can't even describe how breathtaking this play was. The singing was amazing, acting perfectly over dramatic, and the sets incredible. I would recommend it.

We went to dinner at a restaurant in the Bellagio called The Jasmine. It was best for atmosphere, food and the service was outstanding! It sits right on the water behind the fountains so we got our own private water show!





Inside at the Bellagio. Want to stay here next time if we can stand to foot the bill :)





We went to see cirque de soliel "O" after eating at the Jasmine. This show was fantastic! It's hard to say which was better, phantom or "O" because they are so different, but if I had to pick one to see again it would be "O". It was so bizarre and shocking and the costumes and music so different, it kept us mesmerized almost the whole time. We really had an awesome time and Josh and I remembered we liked each other and were friends and not just business partners :)

2 comments:

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

How awesome!!!!!!! You guys look like you had a great time. You look so great Bee!!!

Emily Holden said...

I'm so glad you could get away with just the two of you! I would agree that "O" is incredible. One of my favorite show of all time!