I must start by saying I don't particularly care for most homemade fudge I've tried, but this is the recipe I grew up with so I'm partial to it. So, since it's not a secret... Here's the recipe. It's worth the time and effort! You definitely should freeze part or give some away as it makes a lot. Do enjoy! P.S. don't scrimp on the mixing. It's what makes it so smooth and creamy good!
The best fudge ever! (Mom’s recipe)
1 cube butter
4 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
Mix together butter sugar and
evaporated milk in large pot on stove, and bring to a boil stirring frequently.
Boil for ten minutes.
Remove from heat and add the
following:
16 oz. of Hershey’s milk
chocolate bars
12 oz. package milk chocolate
chips (I like Ghirardelli)
Stir in chocolate until melted.
Transfer to kitchen aid or
mix with hand mixer about medium speed for 5 minutes.
Add 1 jar of marshmallow
cream. (7 oz.)
Mix for another 5 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla
and mix that in.
You can add chopped walnuts,
or chopped pecans if desired.
Pour into a buttered glass
9x13 baking dish. Cover pan and put it in the refrigerator to set up. Serve! You can cut the fudge into thirds and
wrap in plastic wrap then foil and freeze for up to six months. Mom likes to
cut it into squares and wrap them in plastic wrap to use for goodie plates and
parties. YUM!!!
2 comments:
I'm going to have to try this! I'm funny about fudge recipes too and I can never find one that's exactly right. Who says fudge is only for Christmastime anyway?
Oh my goodness you're the best. This looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment