Friday, June 17, 2011
HUGE blog scare
So, maybe no one noticed, but our blog has been down the last few days. Well, I made a big mistake and accidentally deleted my entire google account instead of a gmail address I wasn't using. ALL of my blogs were DELETED because Blogger is owned by google and if you use blogger you sign in via your google account. I filled out their account recovery form several times and sent an email explaing my "case" saying I would be happy if only my blogs were restored. I paid their nominal fee of $0.30 cents to have a google employee look at my "case". They hadn't responded with anything other than "we can't return your account at this time. Try changing your password". Well you can't change a password to an account that doesn't exist. Miraculously, with no further communication from google, I clicked on my blog in the address bar and it appeared. I was ecstatic! But it was very odd that google never sent an email saying, your blog has been restored or anything. If I never tried to open my blog again, I wouldn't have known it was back! My google account however no longer supports the original email account I signed in with. I now use my new gmail account. Whatever! As long as I can get to my blog! So the lesson is, make sure you know what you're doing before you delete something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
SERIOUSLY! i'm so happy you got it figured out! I was so surprised to see your new posts! Congrats on getting it back!!!!!
Thanks! I'm so relieved!
Hi, i have enjoyed all these pics today. You really do put up a cute blog and so unique! The snow pics are really nice,
Post a Comment